With some accessible prices, taking a taxi is one of the best ways to get around the city. The average price of a journey in the centre of the city is between 5 SGD (US$ 3.80) and 10 SGD (US$ 7.60).
If you're taking a taxi from the financial district, you'll have to pay a supplement, as indicated on the information cards in the vehicles.
Other supplements may apply if you're travelling to the airport or if you order the taxi by phone.
- Minimum fare and first km: between 3.20 SGD (US$ 2.40) and 3.90 SGD (US$ 3).
- Every 400 metres up to 10 km: between 0.20 SGD (US$ 0.20) and 0.25 SGD (US$ 0.20)
- Every 350 metres after 10 km: between 0.20 SGD (US$ 0.20) and 0.25 SGD (US$ 0.20)
- Every 45 seconds waiting: between 0.20 SGD (US$ 0.20) and 0.25 SGD (US$ 0.20)
- Rush Hour (6 am to 9:30 am, Monday-Friday and 5 pm - 8 pm, Monday - Saturday): +25%
- Night Fare: +50%
- Financial District Supplement: (Monday-Saturday, 5 pm-midnight) 3 SGD (US$ 2.30)
- Airport Supplement: 3 SGD (US$ 2.30) (5 SGD (US$ 3.80) Weekends, from 5 pm to midnight)
- Marina Bay Sands Supplement: 3 SGD (US$ 2.30)
How to hail a cab
At rush hour or if it's raining, the demand for taxis increases, meaning that if you need one it's better to order by phone.
When you ring, say your name and where you're going and in no time at all you'll get a message with the registration of the cab.
- SMRT Taxis: 6555 8888
- Comfort Taxi: 6552 1111